Need new headphones for gaming, My AD700 have been damaged

Headphones, Headsets, Earbuds, Canalphones - stuff that goes on, around or in your ears.
muff
Lurker

Need new headphones for gaming, My AD700 have been damaged

Postby muff » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi All,

I currently own a set of AD700 which have lasted me for several years now and i recently damaged them and its time for an upgrade. I use them only for gaming I have always loved the sound of them but over the last few years they have less and less comfortable and my head gets sweaty using them only after an hour or so, Would this be due to not replacing the ear cups? Im after a set that pretty much the same sound and if they could be more comfortable that would be a bonus also. Im going to purchase a mod mic so i dont need a headset. Ive been looking at ad700x and ad900x but looking at reviews they say going from ad700 to 700x is a slight downgrade. Could you suggest anything for me?

Marcus
I Recommend It!

Re: Need new headphones for gaming, My AD700 have been damaged

Postby Marcus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 am

Replacing the earpads would definitely help - spares for AT models like the AD700 are pretty cheap so it might be worth looking into fixing what you've got, unless it's the cable (in which case some soldering is needed).

The AD900X is definitely an upgrade from the AD700 but you won't notice a significant difference if it's just for games.
I wouldn't say the AD700X is a downgrade from the AD700, however the X have a looser fit and slightly lower build quality overall.
Headphonic
http://www.headphones.com.au
Ph: (08) 9207 3666
Don't forget to Like us on Facebook!

muff
Lurker

Postby muff » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:51 am

Thanks Marcus

Ive managed to fix the damage by gluing back the broken arm and the cable seems to be ok. the ear pads will need replacing and i noticed that you have 2 types of replacement ear pads for the AD700, the non X and the X versions which say both are interchangable. Looking the photo the X version look like a more comfortable. Could you advise which ones you would go for?

Marcus
I Recommend It!

Postby Marcus » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Answered via email :)
Headphonic
http://www.headphones.com.au
Ph: (08) 9207 3666
Don't forget to Like us on Facebook!

Return to “Headphones etc”