Broken DT440 :(

Headphones, Headsets, Earbuds, Canalphones - stuff that goes on, around or in your ears.
MacDawg
Lurker

Broken DT440 :(

Post by MacDawg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Hey guys,

I bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT440's off amazon.com about 7 months ago.

This evening when I went to put them on I notice that the left earcup was sitting a bit too low, after having a look at the connector a piece of plastic has snapped in the swivel part of the headband.
The earcup is only being held up by the cable now. (Sorry if that is a shit description, not sure how to explain it.

I'm not sure whether the headphones will be covered for this sort of problem or not, and if so would it be a Beyerdynamic warranty claim or an amazon problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mac.

*EDIT*: It's the same problem this guy had: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4336

Drubbing
Lost Cause

Re: Broken DT440 :(

Post by Drubbing » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Warranty lies with whoever you bought them from, it's their responsibility to get a warranty claim assessed. Contact them first, you'll probably have to return the phones for inspection.
These aren't the memes you're looking for

Megan
Bosslady

Post by Megan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Unfortunately we can only warrant headphones that were brought from us. If you can't get them warranted through your place of purchase, you might be able to get them repaired by our authorised Beyer distributor for a fee. I don't think they would cover repairs under warranty as you did purchase them overseas.

If you have no luck through Amazon, shoot me an email (warranties@headphones.com.au) and I'll give you some info to help you out.

Drubbing
Lost Cause

Post by Drubbing » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:17 pm

This place clearly isn't Harvey Norman. Megan is nice and helpful.

You should try both and find out what the costs are. It might be cheaper (and quicker) to pay and get it fixed here than send it back and potentially get a runaround for a couple of months or more.

grevillea
grev

Post by grevillea » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:13 am

OK, so you bypassed Aussie retailers to buy Beyer headphones thru Amazon, then when something goes wrong you come to an Aussie retailer for help ? I'm sorry, but this takes the cake - I might bleat about the ZO2 being a POS, but I wont ask Marcus for help when it blows up in my face .....
ATH-ESW9 | ATH-AD900 | RE262 and assorted other crap
Coming soon : http://www.dnaudio.com/DNA-Sonett-headp ... ifier.html

MacDawg
Lurker

Post by MacDawg » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:14 pm

grevillea wrote:OK, so you bypassed Aussie retailers to buy Beyer headphones thru Amazon, then when something goes wrong you come to an Aussie retailer for help ? I'm sorry, but this takes the cake - I might bleat about the ZO2 being a POS, but I wont ask Marcus for help when it blows up in my face .....
The only reason I bypassed an Australian retailer was because at the time I purchased the dt440 were $300 from this site, yet they were only $149 from amazon. Soon after the price dropped to $189 here, if I had know that i would that the price was dropping I would have bought them from here.

But it would be stupid to pay twice as much. Don't get me wrong I would prefer to support Australian retailers but I'm not paying double the price.

And the reason that I am asking for help here is because I recieved great advice last time I made a thread and I have also recieved pretty good advice in this one.

I will be purchasing some new headphones soon hopefully from here. As long as the price is decent, $50 more is acceptable in my view, $150 isn't. And yes I understand not everything can be the same price here as overseas.

grevillea
grev

Post by grevillea » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:39 pm

I'd respond to that, but I may have bruised my index finger and broken my enter key during a spirited response to a scoundrel on Whirlpool earlier today. A keyboard warrior's work is rarely ever 'done'. Toodles.

Marcus
I Recommend It!

Post by Marcus » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:36 pm

oh shush you yapping dogs, leave the poor guy alone HIS HEADPHONES ARE BROKEN :( We're all in this together, remember?
Headphonic
http://www.headphones.com.au
Ph: (08) 9207 3666
Don't forget to Like us on Facebook!

Drubbing
Lost Cause

Post by Drubbing » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:41 pm

'cept for grev. The grumpy arse twin.

Belial
Devotee

Post by Belial » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:21 am

I buy O/S or second hand when I'm going to save 50%+, basically meaning I can replace them again if they die. There's nothing wrong with that, but, you pays your money and you take your chances.

Lucky you saved that $150, so now you can put it into repairs/new headphones :-)

Ben
MS-Pro, DT880, DT531, DT250, MS-1, A31s
Behringer UCA202 -> Octavart O1
Nexus 4

http://benrhughes.com

grevillea
grev

Post by grevillea » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:12 am

Drubbing wrote:'cept for grev. The grumpy arse twin.
I'm going to see if there is a way of blocking grev. Preferably something that involves a late-night drive into a State Forest with a sack and shovel. :evil: