Suitable portable $400-ish headphones?

Headphones, Headsets, Earbuds, Canalphones - stuff that goes on, around or in your ears.
happyboi
Lurker

Suitable portable $400-ish headphones?

Post by happyboi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:21 am

Hi, forgive me if I have created a topic that is irrelevant to the forums as I am really new but I was wondering if I could rely on you, the Headphonic forum community to help me with my picking of a suitable headphone for me to buy. Even a single headphone recommendation will be greatly appreciated. :)
What I am trying to find at the moment are a pair of suitable headphones for my lifestyle. I want some headphones that are:
1. Very nice sounding in everything in the spectrum of sound that we all listen for as I listen to a wide variety of music
2. Portable, as I like to go out and about and also something suitable for overseas travel
3. Somewhere under the $400 mark
4. Something semi-stylish, <---(not really a requirement but always thoroughly appreciated)
If you guys think of any cans that sound like what i'm looking for, again, it would be greatly appreciated if you could give a recommendation

Sincerley,
Brandon

GougMan
Enthusiast

Re: Suitable portable $400-ish headphones?

Post by GougMan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:26 am

Have a look at the Audio Technica ESW9. They have a great sound, good looks, and are portable.

Belial
Devotee

Post by Belial » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:41 am

DT250 fail the stylish test, although I guess their old-school-ness might have some hipster appeal? But they sound freaking fantastic, are portable and within your budget.

Personally though, I can't stand full sized headphones for portable use. That's why god (and his friends at brainwavz) made awesome canalphones :-)

Ben
Last edited by Belial on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
MS-Pro, DT880, DT531, DT250, MS-1, A31s
Behringer UCA202 -> Octavart O1
Nexus 4

http://benrhughes.com

happyboi
Lurker

Post by happyboi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:07 am

GougMan wrote:Have a look at the Audio Technica ESW9. They have a great sound, good looks, and are portable.
Belial wrote:DT250 fail the stylish test, although I guess their old-school-ness might have some hipster appeal? But they sound freaking fantastic, are portable and within your budget.

Personally though, I can't stand full sized headphones for portable use. That's why god (and his friends at brainwavz) made awesome canalphone :-)

Ben
Thanks guys for the recommendations! ;)