Noob needs help

Discuss sources/headphone amplifiers here... mm saucy amps.
ynwa83
Lurker

Noob needs help

Post by ynwa83 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi there. I really need some help trying to improve my overall sound. I am a total noob when it comes to this stuff though, and I find it all very hard to keep up with, so I'll keep it simple.

I currently have an old hand-me-down setup. I have an old 90's Kenwood stereo (rxd-24m), Heybrook HB2R speakers and a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-250's. I only use the stereo for the amp, and it's always through a PC with on-board sound.

I've been looking into upgrades and my eyes turned towards a DAC. I was looking at the Mayflower o2odac for my headphones, but I'd still like to be able to use speakers. Am I right to assume that the Mayflower device wouldn't work with speakers?

I found the Yamaha A-U671 and it seemed like it would be a good option, but there's just so little information out there on it I'm thinking an integrated amp would be the way to go for me though. Any opinions? I'm open to other ideas too.

GougMan
Enthusiast

Re: Noob needs help

Post by GougMan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:51 am

If you'll run speakers from it, then yep an integrated amp would be the way to go.

And the Yamaha has a DAC which it says is specifically designed for headphones and portable audio as well.

Marcus
I Recommend It!

Re: Noob needs help

Post by Marcus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:47 pm

The O2ODAC can run powered speakers, but not passive :)
Headphonic
http://www.headphones.com.au
Ph: (08) 9207 3666
Don't forget to Like us on Facebook!