Audio-Technica ATH-M40X HeadphoneSeptember 17, 2016
Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X HeadphoneSeptember 30, 2016
Audio-Technica ATH-A2000X Headphone
Large 53 mm drivers with Permendur magnetic circuitry and bobbin-wound OFC-7N voice coils deliver unmatched expressive power and incredible sonic detail.
Audio-Technica ATH-A2000X closed-back dynamic headphones use elite materials and design characteristics that push to the finer limits of audio playback quality. Large 53 mm drivers with Permendur magnetic circuitry and bobbin-wound OFC-7N voice coils deliver unmatched expressive power and incredible sonic detail. High-rigidity titanium housings and a lightweight magnesium alloy frame are an ideal choice for virtually lossless audio.
Audio-Technica ATH-A2000X headphones come with Clarino**, a carefully engineered leather that is extremely durable, yet amazingly soft to the touch. The cords used are 99.99999% oxygen-free copper, more pure than regular copper wire. The result is an uncompromised listening experience for the most discerning audiophile.
- Large-aperture 53 mm drivers with OFC-7N bobbin-wound voice coils
- Permendur* magnetic circuitry
- High-rigidity titanium housings
- Lightweight magnesium alloy frame with integrated baffle
- Proprietary 3D wing support system
- 3.0 m (9.8’) tangle-free OFC-6N hybrid conductor cord with elastomer sheath
- 3.5 mm gold-plated stereo connector with ¼” adapter
- Clarino engineered leather ear pads
The A2000X is a great sounding headphone all-round, and easy to drive to boot. Suitable for virtually any kind of music if you must have a high end closed model these are a good choice. Bass response might not be enough to suit the more “basshead” inclined, but should be enough to satisfy most enthusiasts. If you do not need the isolation offered by a closed model then you could consider another great headphone, but with an open design, the Alessandro MS-Pro.
- Model number: ATH-A2000X
- Weight: 298g
- Impedance: 42ohms
- Sensitivity: 101dB
- Power Handling: 2000mW
- Open/Closed: Closed
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural
- Frequency response: 5 – 45,000Hz
- Cable length: 3m