Audio-Technica ATH-M20x HeadphoneOctober 3, 2016
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus HeadphoneOctober 3, 2016
Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Headphones
The ATH-AD900x features large 53 mm drivers exclusively designed for the headphones, with rare-earth magnets and Audio-Technica’s copper-clad aluminum-wire.
Designed to deliver extraordinary sound quality to satisfy the most discriminating listeners, the Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x is ideal for music lovers who prefer the spacious quality of open-back headphones that combine involving sound with long-wearing comfort.
The Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x features large 53 mm drivers exclusively designed for the headphones, with rare-earth magnets and Audio-Technica’s copper-clad aluminum-wire (CCAW) voice coil technology for superior audio reproduction with an extremely wide 5 Hz – 35,000 Hz frequency response.
The Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x offers an immersive listening experience with clear, natural vocal and instrumental reproduction, a smooth tonal balance, precise imaging and superlative dynamic range.
The headphones offer a uniquely comfortable fit thanks to their generously cushioned ear pads, lightweight honeycomb aluminum casing and exclusive 3D Wing Support Housing, which adjusts itself perfectly to each wearer.
- Audiophile-quality open-air headphones deliver clear, natural vocal and instrumental reproduction, a smooth tonal balance, precise imaging and superlative dynamic range
- Large-aperture 53 mm drivers and CCAW voice coils for superior sound reproduction
- No sense of pressure on the ears, resulting in a completely natural sensation
- 3D Wing Support Housing offers a vibration-proof mechanism that provides comfortable support for a better listening experience
- Extremely comfortable ear-fitting pads
- Gold-plated stereo 1/8″ (3.5 mm) connector with 1/4″ (6.3 mm) adapter
The AD900X is a fantastic sounding headphone for the price. Offering a nicely detailed sound overall without being dull or harsh sounding. Bass response is tight and fast (but not prominent, so do not buy these if you want a bassy headphone), vocal ranges are very detailed and treble is fast and detailed without being bright.
Soundstage and separation are excellent but do not give the headphone a stretched or sterile sound. Great for just about any kind of music, these are a top notch performer. The AD900X is easy to drive and does not require an amp for excellent performance, but a good amp will improve the sound even further.
Please note: this model is not suitable for people with medium-small heads as they are very large.
- 3.5mm to 1/4″ adaptor
- Model number: ATH-AD900X
- Weight: 265g
- Impedance: 38ohms
- Sensitivity: 100dB
- Power Handling: 1000mW
- Open/Closed: Open
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural
- Frequency response: 5 – 35,000 Hz
- Cable length: 3m