Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000X HeadphoneSeptember 11, 2016
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Headphone
As the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series line, the ATH-M50 is praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year.
As the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series line, the ATH-M50 is praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. Now, the ATH-M50x professional monitor headphones feature the same coveted sonic signature, with the added feature of detachable cables. From the large aperture drivers, sound isolating earcups and robust construction, the M50x provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio professionals.
More About the M-Series Headphones
Critically acclaimed M-Series professional monitor headphones deliver accurate audio and outstanding comfort, perfect for long sessions in the studio and on the go. Contoured earcups seal tight for excellent sound isolation, with minimal bleed. And the pro-grade materials are durable, yet comfortable. Find out why online reviewers, top audio engineers, and cult followers agree, M-Series is an unmatched combination of audio and build-quality that gets the job done. Hour after hour, year after year.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminium wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swivelling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Collapsible for space-saving portability
- Detachable cables (includes 1.2 m – 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable)
- Top choice for studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring and personal listening
The M50X are easy to drive and feature a fairly bassy sound. Isolation levels are good overall making them a good choice for studio work, or situations where you do not want outside noise bothering you.
Bass can be a little boomy and uncontrolled at times, suiting those that prefer slightly exaggerated bass response. While some people may be happy with this model for portable use, they are fairly heavy and bulky.
The updated M50X design features a detachable cable.
- 3m coiled cable
- 3m straight cable
- 1.2m straight cable
- 3.5mm to 1/4″ adaptor
- Carry pouch
- Model number: ATH-M50X
- Weight: 284g w/o cable
- Impedance: 38ohms
- Sensitivity: 99dB
- Power Handling: 1600mW
- Open/Closed: Closed
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural
- Frequency response: 15 – 28,000Hz
- Cable length: 1.2m / 3m detachable