Aftershokz Air Bluetooth HeadphonesNovember 6, 2018
Audio-Technica ATH-A1000x HeadphonesNovember 23, 2018
Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
The ATH-M50xBT is an updated wireless version of the ATH-M50x that is versatile enough to be used as both a portable wireless headphone for music enjoyment as well as a wired studio monitor for critical low latency professional use.
The Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT wireless over-ear headphone harnesses the legendary M50x studio sound for an exhilarating wireless listening experience, with exceptional clarity and deep, accurate bass response. Utilising Bluetooth wireless technology and 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare-earth magnets and copper-clad aluminium wire voice coils, the ATH-M50xBT brings the coveted sonic signature of M50x to a wireless, on-the-go design.
The internal battery provides up to 40 hours on a full charge, allowing you to enjoy the high-fidelity wireless sound without interruption. The battery recharges quickly using the included USB cable.
The headphones retain the robust construction, 90° swivelling earcups, and professional-grade earpads and headband of the M50x, but add a mic and button controls to the left earcup for convenient handling of phone calls, music playback and volume adjustment. There’s also a touch control in the earcup that provides easy access to voice assistant technology. In addition, the ATH-M50xBT is compatible with the Audio-Technica Connect app for iOS and Android, which provides an array of convenient tools and features.
A 1.2 m cable with mic/controls is also included to provide a wired connection for times when wireless operation is not available or when battery power is low. When not in use, the headphones’ collapsible design allows them to be stored and transported easily in the included carrying pouch.
*The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Audio-Technica Corporation is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- Wireless, on-the-go design delivers the same critically acclaimed sonic performance as the original ATH-M50x professional studio headphones
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers deliver exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Touch control provides convenient access to your smartphone’s voice assist
- Mic and button controls built into the earcup allow for easy handling of calls, music playback and volume adjustment
- Up to 40 hours of continuous use on a full charge
- Over-ear design for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material for long-lasting durability and comfort
- Collapsible design for space-saving portability
- 1.2 m cable with mic/controls provides a wired connection when needed
- Compatible with the Audio-Technica Connect app for iOS and Android, which provides an array of convenient tools and features
Type – Closed-back dynamic
Driver Diameter – 45 mm
Voice Coil – CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
Frequency Response – 15 – 28,000 Hz
Sensitivity – 99 dB
Impedance – 38 ohms
Battery – DC3.7 V lithium polymer rechargeable battery
Battery Life – Approx. 40 hours continuous use
Charging Time – Approx. 7 hours (for 0-100% charge) Depending on environmental conditions
Weight – 310 g (10.9 oz), without cable and connector
Cable – Detachable 1.2 m
Connector – 3.5 mm (1/8″) stereo mini-plug
Input Jack – Micro USB Type B
Type – Condenser
Sensitivity – -42 dB (1V/Pa at 1 kHz)
Frequency Response – 80 – 10,000 Hz
Polar Pattern – Omnidirectional
Communication System – Bluetooth Version 5.0
Output – Bluetooth Specification Power Class 2
Maximum Communication Range – Line of sight – approx. 10 m
Compatible Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
Support Codec – aptX, AAC, SBC
Accessories Included – 30 cm (1.0′) USB charging cable, protective pouch